Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Giving classroom instruction a remodel

Image result for house flipping gif

    Everywhere I look, twitter, Facebook, books, and my favorite blogs, the message is the same: our education system is floundering. We have to change the way we are teaching to meet the needs of today's learners. Our job, as teachers, is to prepare kids for jobs that don't exist yet. Don't get me started on the need for technology integration. It's sooooo much!! So overwhelming!! Sometimes I just want to put my head in the sand and continue on the same path hoping that it will continue to work. But, I know that is not fair to my students. I want to be the best teacher I can be, sooo this school year I am going to document my journey of making changes one day at a time. Yes, I would like to share my ideas with others and hopefully gather some feedback and encouragement along the way, but I primarily want to keep myself accountable to this "renovation" of sorts. I know those HGTV house flipping shows that I am addicted to make it look so easy, but behind those incredible transformations is a ton of blood, sweat and tears. On a DAILY basis. So, I am committed to one activity at a time, one lesson at a time, one day at a time. Why? Because I didn't get into this profession for the money (lol) or summers off.
 Because my students are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Classroom Book Talk      My students are becoming more familiar with Google Classroom. This week for book talk Friday, we ...